It’s that special time of year, where it seems like every other blog popping up on your reader is showing off the latest holiday gift guide. If not that, it’s talking about what cookies they love to make this holiday season, links of tried-and-true recipes in tow. These are both great ideas for seasonal blog posts, but there’s plenty more to talk about, and to make your own.
Here at Vida Vegan Headquarters, we’ve put together a list of 15 holiday-themed blogging suggestions to inspire you to inspire others, this winter:
15 Ideas to Get You Blogging This Holiday Season
- Veganize family favorites and share the recipe and the memories.
- Homemade gifts ideas. That’s right, go get fabulously lost on the DIY Xmas Gifts-land that is Pinterest this morning.
- Holiday meal planning: the classics and the brave new dishes.
- Kindness. Spread the cheer & pay it forward.
- DIY decorating: Hello, Snowman fridge.
- Winter picnics with chocolate chip cookies and mugs of mulled cider or peppermint candy cane vodka-infused hot cocoa.
- Speaking of mugs…… ‘Tis the season for warm drinks.Winter picnics with chocolate chip cookies and mugs of mulled cider or peppermint candy cane vodka-infused hot cocoa.
- A new round-up of the best soups in town.
- Tips on throwing a themed holiday party…Festivus, anyone?
- Wool-less winter looks.
- Sharing New Year’s resolutions that will seriously help the world: organize a sanctuary work party; join in the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale; vow to compost, etc.
- Vegan nog-off (or hot chocolate-off) It’s a tough job, but…
- Eco-wrapping. One more intense round of Pinterest to explore.
- Talk about your favorite nonprofits (Holiday season is also tax write-off season — find out who’s got fund-matching!)
- Life lessons: share your vegan-through-the-family-holidays survival guide.
Or….Screw the seasons! Keep doing what you do!
Got something great in the works? Instagram it in-progress, giving a nice behind-the-scenes, authentic look at what you’ve got in store. If you’ve been posting about the holidays, we’d love to read about it. Leave a comment with a link and share your plans in the comments!