Hey, ghoul. Hey.
Halloween season has arrived and the pumpkins are out!
Whether you’re picking up some sweet confections for your own kids, the neighborhood, a rather mature costume party or it’s the combination of childhood nostalgia + all those dang candy sales getting to you, it’s time to consider your vegan options this week!
As vegans with internet access, we should all know by now that PETA offers this here list (make sure to double and triple check, you know, do the vegan thing, for confectioner’s glaze and sneaky, sneaky things like that) and recently spotlighted these 25 Vegan Halloween Candies. And VegNews jumped in on the fun just last week with their own 2014 Vegan Candy Guide for the festivities, which can only mean one thing…it’s our turn!
From eyeball-inspired sweets to the contemplation of pumpkin hot toddies, we’ve been poking around the internet again and are ready to share some Vegan Halloween inspiration at Vida Vegan Headquarters (including a bunch of folks from our VVC family!)
Vida Vegan HQ presents: 18 Vegan Halloween Ideas
First up, something classic, yet veganized, this way come…
Next up, let me give a little “omg omg” and send some thanks to the folks at Vegan Cuts for pointing us this way!
Naturally ⸺ or, not naturally, that is ⸺ it’s certainly not Halloween without some creepy edibles:
3) Witches’ Fingers, Urban Vegan (2011 speaker!)
Are there vegan gummy worms at the bottom of this bucket of candy? Or more importantly, does anyone make vegan gummy worms and have a bag they can send me for some chocolate dirt & worms action? Mmm, yuck, mmm, yuck.
Ah, something healthy to sink your teeth into, ba da bum:
5) 3 Ingredient Halloween Apple Bites, Oh She Glows (2013 attendee!)
These are really cute.
Moving on, would you prefer the following with or without booze?
7) BOO-Berry Jiggers,Joni Marie Newman’s Just the Food (soon to be 3-time VVC speaker!)
I must have this in my life. It’s utterly adorable.
Also adorable? (…and this could be my years of obsessive Anne Rice reading talking)
There’s at least a few of you planning on (blooooody) pumpkin tacos, right?! I wouldn’t doubt it.
Let’s get to the point:
The one thing I’ve crossed off my list this week so far:
Did pumpkin finally sell out? Maybe. But do I still have pumpkin fever? Yes.
13) Baked Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce, Julie Hasson’s Vegan Casseroles via Bake and Destroy (Julie joins us for a 2nd VVC in May, phew)
Hello, thematically-inclined bubble tea:
That calls for some sake in there, if you know what I mean (which to clarify, is exactly what I said about wanting sake).
Real food below! Not candy! Keep going!
15) Halloween Wild Rice, Bitter Sweet blog (3 timer!)
Yeah, pumpkin, we heart ya still.
16) Spicy Pumpkin Soup (video episodle!), The Sexy Vegan (2015 VVC Speaker!)
One more from Jackie, ’cause, breakfast:
17) Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Vegan Yack Attack (2013 attendee & 2015 speaker!)
And for a post-breakfast treat this week, you know what fits the bill:
Hi Bianca! Hi ice cream!
18) So Delicious Halloween Ice Cream Bars on Vegan Crunk (soon to be 3-time VVC speaker!!)
Store locator here.