Bear with us, as we’re still digesting the grand weekend—and year and half of planning—that was Vida Vegan Con. All three organizers have now begun reflecting on our own blogs (shocker), which you can read here and here and here, we’ve started thanking everyone involved (Thank You!), and writing a few drafts of our equally grand review of the event that just flew by, and odds are we’ll never stop reflecting and reviewing.
We’ve collected your comment cards, read your emails, and spoken at length with speakers, attendees, sponsors, and friends alike, in addition to our own personal wishlists—we’re gearing up for Spring 2013 and some surprises in the meantime, one of which is our dedication to VeganMoFo in October right here on this blog.
Starting October 1, Janessa, Jess & Michele (who will also fly high with daily updates on her own site) will start updating daily on everything from food cart lunches to impromptu salad dressing concoctions to what’s holding their morning smoothie or coffee.
So, until we wrap it up some more—and who wants to do that?—read these updates to get all misty-eyed, or see what you missed, and what’s in store:
- Vegan Vagrant’s Vida Vegan Con Wrap-Up, Linkage, Highlights & Food Photos (including many more links to wrap-ups)
- The Opinioness of the World’s Vida Vegan Con Posts & Class Notes
- Our Hen House Episode 86: “We cannot believe that if we refuse to look at what we do not wish to see, it will not exist.”
- Chef Amber Shea’s Almost Vegan blog updates
- Earth Balance at Vida Vegan Con!
- Vegan Culinary Crusade When Avatars Animate
- Vegans on the Move: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Enjoy Vida Vegan Con
- The Cosmopolitan Hour Two slices of VVC
- Fat Free Vegan <–recap even includes a recipe for cherry snack cake!
- Choosing Raw Three in-depth recaps of the weekend
- JL Goes Vegan Eight posts
- Small Time Cook Vida Vegan Conclusions
- John from The Lazeist Vegans’ Return to Portland: Vida Vegan Con Bound
- Get Sconed!, Vegtastic Voyage & Epicurious Vegan Thoughts from the organizers
- The Urban Vegan’s Vida Vegan Conference Photo Essay
- Jodie, The Picky Vegan, shares 3 recaps: Day 1, Day 2 & Day 3
- Veggin’ Out’s Christa Shelton highlights her experiences on her blog in Part Un and Part Deux, with a bonus Exhibitor Round-up
- Amey of Vegan Eats & Treats has a grand five-parter: The Conference, The Food, The People, The SWAG & The Day After (sniff, sniff)
- Gail, The Hungry Vegan, presents Vida Vegan Con: A Photo Diary