You’re on your way to VVC III !
Our third conference will be held at two different locations in Austin, TX, starting with Friday’s Vegan Bazaar at The Marchesa Hall & Theatre in North Austin, and heading to the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center on the centrally located University of Texas campus for the rest of the weekend.
Okay, so where to stay? How do you get around? We’ve done lots of research on this, from renting bikes and cars to taking public transit all over the place, and staying in an assortment of accommodations, from budget motels to an eco-lodge (mere minutes from our Vegan Bazaar venue!) to most recently, a hostel right in the middle of downtown. Whether you’re driving (traffic depending!), biking or taking public transit, Austin is an A-OK city to get around in.
OFFICIAL VIDA VEGAN CON III ROOM BLOCK INFO:
There is totally an official room block at the LEED gold-certified AT&T Executive Education Center’s on-site hotel, where a bunch of folks (including your friendly organizers) are staying the entire weekend! The block is for Friday & Saturday nights (May 29 & 30), at $179/night plus taxes & fees (comes to around $205/night total), for either single-King or double-Queen room. Nights on either side of our block will be priced based on availability, just give them a call. Use this link (https://resweb.passkey.com/go/VIDAVC0515) for Friday & Saturday nights, or call (877) 744-8822 and reference our code: VIDAVC0515 to book outside of those nights—if you attempt to book other nights online it’ll look like it’s booked up.
You are certainly not required to stay at our on-site hotel, but hey, it’ll be pretty dang convenient for Saturday & Sunday’s full days of classes.
MORE IDEAS IN + AROUND AUSTIN, TX:
⭐⭐Please note that all rates are subject to change and availability. The rates researched below are as of March 10, 2015. We recommend utilizing hotel search engines such as Priceline, Kayak and Hotwire to compare rates and locations, in addition to referencing the Vida Vegan Con 2015 Google Map. For even more ideas, check out the SXSW alternative housing listing. ⭐⭐
HOTELS NEAR FRIDAY’S VEGAN BAZAAR:
- Habitat Suites 500 E. Highland Mall Blvd Rates starting at $84/night (via Priceline) ⭐This eco-lodge is located a quick walk from Friday’s Vegan Bazaar venue and offers vegan-friendly buffet items during breakfast and their complimentary happy hour VVC RECOMMENDED
- Holiday Inn Austin Midtown 6000 Middle Fiskville Rd Rates starting at $171/night
- Travelodge 6200 Middle Fiskville Rd Rates starting at $79/night ⭐ Located across the street from Friday’s Vegan Bazaar venue.
- America’s Best Value Inn 909 E Koenig Ln Rates starting at $59/night
- Ramada Austin Central 919 E Koenig Ln Rates starting at $85/night
- Extended Stay America 6300 Hwy 290 Rates starting at $72/night
- Orange Woods Suites Hotel 935 La Posada Dr Rates starting at $126/night (via Booking.com)
- Crowne Plaza Austin 6121 North Ih 35 Rates starting at $145/night
- La Quinta Univrtsity Area 5812 N Interstate 35 Rates not available
HOTELS NEAR THE UNIVERSITY & AUSTIN CAPITOL:
- Super 8 Austin Downtown/University 1201 N Interstate 35 Rates starting at $105/night
- Extended Stay America Downtown/E. 6th 600 Guadalupe St Rates starting $148/night
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol 300 E 11th St Rates starting at $209/night
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Convention Center 200 San Jacinto Blvd Rates starting at $299/night
- Austin’s Inn at Pearl Street 809 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Rates starting at $225/night
- Marriott Residence Inn Downtown/Convention Center 300 E 4th St Rates starting at $250/night
- Hamptown Inn & Suites University Capital 1701 Lavaca St Rates starting at $249/night
- Hotel Ella 1900 Rio Grande St Rates starting at $299/night
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton 303 W 15th St Rates not available
- Doubletree by Hilton University Area 1617 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd Rates starting at $209/night
- Star of Texas Inn 611 W 22nd St Rates not available
- Austin Folk House 506 W 22nd St Rates not available
- Hyde Park Cottage 4203 Speedway Rates not available
BUDGET IDEAS ALL AROUND AUSTIN:
- Uber Manor Hostel Bed & Breakfast 1008 Waller St Rates starting at $26/night
- Uber Showers + Lockers Hostel 202 San Jacinto Blvd Rates starting at $5/hour
- Hostelling International – Austin 2200 South Lakeshore Blvd Dorm rates from $25/night
- Firehouse Lounge & Hostel 605 Brazos Street ⭐ Offers dorms and private rooms in a great location (short walk to Arlo’s & Cheer Up Charlies) VVC RECOMMENDED
- Earthship Austin Hostel 1602 W 5th St Offers dorms and private rooms
- Casa Maya Hostel 801 E Cesar Chavez St Dorm rates from $22/bed, private rooms at $44/night
- Casa Maya Hostel South 4312 Manchaca Rd Call (512) 920-8716 for info
- Drifter Jack’s Hostel 2602 Guadalupe St Weekend rates from $30/night ⭐ Located a short walk from Saturday & Sunday’s venue
- Nota Hostel Project 614 S 1st St *Request an invitation to stay*
AirBnB offers private rentals all over the city, from apartments to airstream trailers!
Let us know if your hotel or business would like to offer a special discount to the attendees of VVCIII in May 2015!
- Austin B Cycle Various locations Snazzy bike rentals in 30 minute increments (which could easily get you from a downtown hotel to a drop off at AT&T) ⭐ VVC RECOMMENDED
- University Cyclery 2901 N Lamar Blvd Rates starting with Front Suspension Hybird Bikes at $20 for 4 hours, $30 for 24 hours, $100 per week.
- Austin Water Bikes 208 Barton Springs Road Rates starting at $22/hour with special rates for Sunset, Bat and Moonlight Tours. Their website says to “like” them on facebook for $5 off.
- Barton Springs Bike Rental Rates starting with Beach Cruisers at $85/week. They also offer bike tours of the city.
- Cycle Progression 2153 S Lamar Blvd Rates starting at $70/day.
Check out BicycleAustin for bike maps, resources and even more rental ideas.
Looking for public transit info? Head to our page on Getting To & Around Austin, TX.