The summer is flying by and as proud organizers, we’ve been wondering what everyone has been up to since VVC2013! So, we reached out to our attendees through our official Vida Vegan Headquarters Facebook page and wanted to share the lively results. Here’s the inspirational update from Katie of Vegan Noms, another 2011 and 2013 Gold star alumnae:
2013 has been one hell of a year! After reorienting to day-to-day life after the whimsical whirlwind that was VVC2013, I’ve made deeper commitments to cleaner eating, keeping moving, and appreciating the details in life. In a few short days I will find myself having completed my Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling and embarking on the next chapter in my career. Looking forward to keeping up with bloggers and connecting with new vegans along the way… Things couldn’t be better!
For Katie’s latest updates, reviews and fresh recipes, head on over to Vegan Noms right now.
As always, stay tuned for more updates from Vida Vegan Headquarters & whirlwind it up!
The summer is flying by and as proud organizers, we’ve been wondering what everyone has been up to since VVC2013! So, we reached out to our attendees through our official Vida Vegan Headquarters Facebook page and wanted to share the lively results. Here’s what Carrie Forrest, a 2011 and 2013 Gold star alumnae (which is something we just made up for repeat attendees and totally want to roll with) had to say:
I just finished my master’s degree project in public health nutrition on “The Differences in Selected Disease Occurrence Between Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians” to help update a paper that Dr. Barnard from PCRM published 20 years ago. I continue to add recipes to my best-selling recipe app for iPhones and iPads, Vegan Delish. When I’m not glued to my laptop or playing with my new kitchen appliances (I just got a soy milk maker…LOVE!), I’m outside enjoying the beautiful scenery of the California Central Coast.
Stay tuned for more from Vida Vegan Headquarters!
Did you forget to get yourself a special Vida Vegan Con water bottle or t-shirt at the conference? Sort of wish you had an extra mug? Or maybe you didn’t go to the conference this year but still want to pick up some new VVC gear. We get it, and we’ve got it for you in the Vida Vegan Shop.
The truth is, we strive to keep our registration pricepoint low (free for some) and our sponsorships accessible, so more people have the chance to join us at our events. And we have lost sponsors for refusing to give them our mailing lists, send out sponsored emails, or allow them to present demos at the event—and we feel OK with that. We’re proud to stand up and say no to demands we feel would upset the positive, inspirational, creative vibe of the Con. (Obviously, our sponsors help make these things happen, and we truly do love the ones we work with—and hope you do too.)
That means it’s largely the three of us ladies doing as much of the work ourselves as possible to keep costs down. That also means when you buy a t-shirt, you help us put together a deposit toward the next event without us having to compromise the integrity of Vida Vegan organizers and attendees.
You have no idea how greatly we appreciate that. We’ll hug you all next time we see you, seriously.
Thank you, and enjoy!
Thank you so much to the attendees, speakers, and sponsors of the second (sold-out! internationally attended!) Vida Vegan Bloggers Conference!
This event, the now three-day extravaganza (plus, another Galarama), has grown so much, and we thank you all so much, for making it even more than what we ever thought it could be. Your friendly organizers have spent the past two years pouring our hearts and minds into this event, and constantly get chills from the community that’s grown from our vegan bloggers conference—for writers and readers alike.
There’s so much more to say, and so much to reflect on, but we need some sleep (and kale), and we’re sure you do too.
We’re emailing our attendees for feedback (and a ticket giveaway to the next Con, what the hey?), so be on the lookout for that, and as always, stay tuned right here for updates on what and when and where our next shindig(s) will be.
In the meantime, go blog (better than ever!) and peruse all the #VVC2013 hashtags on Instagram and Twitter and all over. We’ve seen lots of folks live-blogging and recapping already, and remain in awe.
We can’t say it enough: THANK YOU!
Hey, all! The Galarama soiree is tonight!
Advance tickets sales are now over, but there will be tickets for $20 at the door. Bring your local friends and plus-ones!
Here’s our bar menu reposted from Galarama.org:
#Galarama Bar Menu
Featured Cocktail & Mocktail: So Delicious Creamsicle
$6/ $4 (sans vodka)
Grain-free vodka, mandarin Jarritos (or soda of choice), orange juice,
splash of So Delicious coconut creamer. Over ice.
Grain-Free Vodka + Choice Of:
Cranberry Hot Lips Soda
Orange Mango Spindrift Soda
Lemonade Sprindrift Soda
Grapefruit Sprindrift Soda
Spindrift Raspberry Lime Seltzer Water
Root Beer or Soda Float $4*
with any of the above flavors and a scoop of So Delicious Vanilla Ice Cream
*Made with Vodka $6
***Any drink in keepsake VVC mug $10***
Beer + Wine
BridgePort Summer Squeeze (bottle) $4
Vegan Wine (Red or White) $5
Loise d’ Estree Brut Sparkling Wine $20
Jello Shots! $3 or 2 for $5
assorted flavors ~ vegan, organic, made with Monopolowa grain-free vodka
Bottle of Spindrift, Hot Lips or Jarritos Soda $2
Plus: The Sexy Vegan, Tandem Treats, Taco Pedaler, Artisan Vegan Cheeses from Miyoko Schinner, Eastside Distilling, our exciting Silent Auction for Chimp Sanctuary Northwest, and the So Delicious Ice Cream Spectacular.
Location (!!): Staver Locomotive, our unique home for the evening, is located at 2537 NW 29th Portland, OR 97210 Trimet.org #15 bus and Portland Streetcar to NW 23rd. Use the Trimet TripPlanner to easily figure it out! There is street parking and free parking in the Powells Warehouse lot.
One of the roughly 400 bajillion new elements we’re introducing to Vida Vegan Con II is the legit New Product Spotlight on Friday afternoon. This spotlight happens at the very opening of the Exhibit Area (11:30am), located inside your home base for the weekend: the Kridel Grand Ballroom, where all meals, refreshments, announcements the Expert Corner, All Things Vegan Radio (and more!) will reside. All of our snazzy, supportive exhibitors will be providing samples for your enjoyment during this Spotlight (most of which, non-surprisingly, will surely offer very tasty bites)…some of which may be brand spankin’ new!
Here’s the scoop with our full lineup of 2013 Exhibitors, listed in alphabetical order. Any new product picks they’ve told us about are included below, but hey, every table will have plenty to share and discuss, no doubt!
- Attune Foods, Erewhon Buckwheat & Hemp cereal
- The Better Bean Company
- Bob’s Red Mill new Grains of Discovery product line features Amaranth, Chia Seed, Farro, Kamut, Millet, Quinoa, Sorghum, Spelt and Teff from around the world
- Chicago Vegan Foods > We haven’t heard about a new product just yet, but there will be S’mores at the Friday night Pop Up and Nacho Teese at the Saturday Build-a-Bowl lunch buffet. You know what to do.
- Coconut Bliss Salted Caramel & Chocolate Pint, Strawberry Love Bars, Cafe Latte Bars
- Compassion Couture Cornelia Guest Roxy Clutch, Neuaura Arisa, Cri de Coeur – Pia & Matt & Nat Cara in Ocean (tabling on Saturday & Sunday!)
- Earth Balance Vegan Aged White Cheddar Puffs, Vegan Buttery Flavor Popcorn, Vegan Aged White Cheddar Popcorn & P.B. Popps, travel-sized coconut peanut butter
- Go Veggie! Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative
- Heidi Ho Cheeses Chia Cheese Sauce
- KeVita Mojita & Daily Cleanse flavors
- Missionary Chocolates Coconut Palm Sugar Truffle (tabling on Friday & Sunday!)
- Nasoya Nayonaise Original & NayoWhipped
- Pacific Foods Organic Refried Pinto Beans, Organic Baked Beans, Organic Refried Black Beans, Organic Refried Black Beans with Green Chiles, Organic Vegetable Lentil & Roasted Red Pepper Soup, reduced Sodium – Organic Spicy Black Bean & Kale Soup, Unsweetened Hemp Original Non-dairy Beverage, Unsweetened Hemp Vanilla Non-dairy Beverage
- Pacific Northwest Kale Chips Cascade Ranch flavor
- Peanut Butter & Co bigger 28 ounce jars of all their flavors
- So Delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Beverage, Barista Style French Vanilla Creamer, Barista Style Orginal Creamer, Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Frozen Dessert (look for this last one being debuted during their Sunday Ice Cream Social)
- Tofurky Artisan sausages: Andouille, Spinach Pesto and Chick’n & Apple
- Upton’s Naturals Bacon Seitan. They’re not sampling at their table, but, it will be in Sunday’s ‘The Sandwich Board’ lunch buffet so go get some!
- Vegan Cuts the latest Vegan Cuts Snack Box, featuring 7 or more vegan products, ranging from sweet treats to household fun stuff.
- Wayfare ♥ We Can’t Say It’s Ice Cream
More to come at 11:30am on Friday…
If you’re tabling and have a new product to include, let us know and we’ll announce it all on Friday at the Spotlight.
The full list of exhibitors and sponsors is located here.