My, how exciting the response has been to our call for local vegan eateries to get even more involved with Vida Vegan Con!
We now proudly present the lineup for the first ever Portland Vegan Breakfast Showcase, in random, rotating order:
Naturally, we wanted to bring new and exciting aspects to Vida Vegan Con II in so, so many ways. And naturally, as vegans sure do have an appreciation for plant-based dining and a well-deserved obsession with Portland’s forever-growing multitude of delicious options, we thought…let’s try to get as many as we can in one room! We’ve all got long, glorious days of Vida Vegan Con’ing ahead, and on Saturday and Sunday that starts with one special meal: breakfast!
2011′s buffets now seem like the things of legend, and there are more buffets to come—with versatile vegan, raw, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, fun options galore. And then there’s what this post is all about, one of those brand-spanking-new elements: Vida Vegan Con’s Portland Vegan Breakfast Showcase.
And without further adieu, the lineup (in alphabetical order):
- A.N.D. Cafe is a cozy vegetarian cafe that offers tons of vegan and gluten-free options for all menu items. Look for the Spring menu to debut April 1. We’ve heard word of sprouted chickpea scramble and raw pepitas tacos in addition to regular favorites, such as the walnut loaf benedict and pesto tofu hashbrown nests.
- Back to Eden Bakery This well-loved NE Alberta bakery is known for it’s darling aesthetic and craft in creating delicious gluten-free products. They plan on serving gluten-free doughnuts, coffeecake and scones featuring peak, seasonal flavors.
- Blackheart Bagels These artisanal bagels “are made with just five simple, traditional ingredients: flour, water, salt, yeast and barley malt syrup. We are proud to use Shepherd’s Grain flour which is local, sustainable, and Food Alliance certified. Blackheart bagels are made without refined sugar, animal products or preservatives.” They recently opened their very own bagel window at NE 22nd & Sandy.
- Cinnamon PDX Portland’s newest gluten-free bakery proudly offers “affordable, awesome treats made of high-quality and seasonally fresh ingredients to everybody, especially those with restricted diets.”
- Divine Pie Yeah, we’ll be having pie for breakfast! “Divine Pies are a perfect product of artisan sweetness, combining flavors that are unique & delicious, ingredients that are local and organic, and delicate preparation with loving hands. All pie crusts are gluten-free, made with a light and tasty blend of nuts, dates, and coconut flakes; while the pie fillings are dairy free, supremely creamy, and rich with bold flavors.”
- Portland Juice Press This local, bottled juice company’s mission is “to provide 100% natural, fresh-pressed fruit and vegetable juices and juice cleanse packages, delivered to your doorstep.”
- Portobello Vegan Trattoria This must-go, hand-crafted, Italian vegan restaurant now serves up both Saturday and Sunday brunch options. The current brunch menu includes apple pie waffles, Italian and Bu-rassic-a Park omelets, brunch burgers, and Weekend at Benny’s.
- Sizzle Pie Arguably Portland’s most popular pizza joint, Sizzle Pie offers a variety of unique vegan slices every day at their East and West Burnside locations. We bet there will be a take on their popular cheesy tofu scramble & hash brown–adorned brunch pizza in store.
- White Owl Social Club There’s a reason we’re hosting the unofficial Meet & Greet at this new restaurant & bar from the owners of Sizzle Pie: We dig it, and bet you will, too. There’s just one item on their tiny, all-day weekend brunch menu, but it’s a pleasant doozy: the hash brown, Field Roast & pepperjack Daiya “Oh my lord, I think I’m dying” burger, which you can pair with a Bloody Parliament (beet juice bloody!) or Italians Do It Better bellini.
Menu details and more to come!
This showcase is exclusive for 2013 Vida Vegan Con II attendees. As of this post, very, very few tickets remain—see here to grab one.
Psssst… We still have a very limited amount of room for a new participant. Please read this and email VidaVeganConference [at] gmail.com to discuss a potential spot ASAP.