Coming from out of town? Vida Vegan has reached out to nearly every hotel we could think of, and are proud to extend the following discounted rates below, as well as a bunch of other recommendations.
Please note that you need to call to arrange your own room, and that these rates are very limited – so make those plans. As we have moved to a new venue and classes are currently in session at PSU, there are no dorms available.
Read on for more information on guesthouses, hostels, and other alternative lodging ideas.
Here are a few affordable and convenient boutique hotels we recommend…
Those offering a discount:
Our exclusive VVC room block is at the sleek Hotel Fifty. This modern hotel is located downtown alongside the Willamette River, and is a nice 15-minute walk (map) to the Art Museum, and also located on the Blue and Red MAX lines.
BOOK: Please make sure to visit this unique webpage to book your stay. Contact Hotel Fifty Sales Manager Beth Price at 503-484-1429 with any questions.
- Paramount Hotel (Downtown) which is a lovely boutique hotel located two blocks from the Portland Art Museum and offering a special rate of $144/night (2-night minimum). Please call them directly at 800-663-1144 or 503-223-9900 to reserve and reference the Vida Vegan Con room block. This rate is currently limited to 10 rooms, so act fast.
- Red Lion at the Convention Center Generously offering a newly reduced rate as of 4/15/2013! (Inner NE) This international chain is offering rooms at a special rate of $79
99/night for May 24-25th. Make reservations by calling 503-235-2100 or 800-343-1822 and ask for the “Vida Vegan Con” rate. Or to book online, select Special Rate Code, Group Convention Code: VIDA0524. Overnight parking rate reduced to $6/night.
- Hotel Modera (Downtown) *Offering a 10% discount if you book on their website here and use the code “WED”. The Hotel Modera is a stylish hotel located in the heart of downtown.
- Jupiter Hotel (Inner Eastside) *Offering a 15% discount if you book on their website here and use the code SAVE. The Jupiter Hotel is a Portland gem and the location is also home to the renowned Doug Fir Restaurant and Lounge.
- Hotel Deluxe (Downtown): *Offering a 15% discount: call 503-219-2094 and reference the “Vida Vegan Conference” room block. The cut-off date is April 24, 2013 and rate is offered 3 days prior and after, depending on availability A Vida favorite for their Old Hollywood charm and romantic Driftwood Room lounge.
- Governor Hotel (Downtown) *Offering a 10% discount: call 503-224-3400 and reference the “Vida Vegan Conference” room block. The cut-off date is April 24, 2013 and rate is offered 3 days prior and after, depending on availability.
- Hotel Lucia (Downtown) *Offering a 10% discount: call 503-225-1717 and reference the “Vida Vegan Conference” room block. The cut-off date is April 24, 2013 and rate is offered 3 days prior and after, depending on availability.
If you have a suggestion, please email us.
More nearby options:
- Ace Hotel (Downtown) also home to a Stumptown Coffee and the Clyde Common bar (plus, a photobooth)
- Silver Cloud Inn (NW) located next to the Nob Hill/NW 23rd neighborhood and the same streetcar line as the Portland Art Museum
- La Quinta Inn & Suites (NW) also located blocks outside the Nob Hill/NW 23rd neighborhood and the same streetcar line as the Portland Art Museum, rooms starting at $84/night
- Travelodge Portland City Center (SW/Downtown)
- Eastside Lodge (Inner Eastside) recently renovated motor lodge on East Burnside, rates starting at $67-70/night Note: bizarrely seems to offer smoking rooms, so book carefully.
- Executive Lodge (NE) budget hotel located nearby the convention center
- Park Lane Suites & Inn (West Burnside/Jeld-Wen Field) reasonably priced, luxury suites and hotel rooms
- Mark Spencer Hotel (Downtown)
- Downtown Value Inn (Downtown/PSU) budget hotel just south of PSU with rates from $57/night
- Econo Lodge City Center (Downtown/PSU)a Choice Hotels family-friendly hotel located on the PSU campus, rooms from $99/night
YET MORE OPTIONS!
While team Vida recommends staying somewhere central because there’s just so much going on during the conference, you may find yourself staying with friends or looking for an even cheaper hotel a bit further out, like the airport, 82nd or the suburbs,. That said, Portland does have a speedy lightrail MAX line from the airport into downtown.
More Budget Hotels/Rooms
- Portland Pensione (nearby Rose Quarter)
- Banfield Value Inn (Hollywood District)
- Howard Johnson Airport (Airport)
- Ramada Airport (Airport)
- Aloft Hotel (Cascade Station)
Less privacy, but hey, more charm?
- Cherokee Rose Inn ALL VEGAN GUESTHOUSE (SE Belmont, take the #15 bus downtown)
- Portland Hawthorne Guesthouse (Inner SE Hawthorne, take the #14 bus downtown)
- Portland International Guesthouse (NW Nob Hill)
- The Garden Guest House (SE Hawthorne)
- Bluebird Guesthouse (SE Division)
- Everett Street Guesthouse (Laurelhurst NE)
- Clinton Street Guesthouse (SE Clinton/Division)
Not looking for something fancy? Try contacting one of these hostels directly to discuss their options:
• Northwest International Hostel and Guesthouse (NW Nob Hill)
• Portland Hawthorne Hostel (SE Hawthorne)
- Airbnb: Think of it as housesitting…
- Couhsurfing: “Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time.”
Ask around on the Vida Vegan fb group for local advice, other bloggers to share a room with, and perhaps, a spare room or free couch alert…feel free to leave a comment below or email us if you’re not on the fb.