Let’s See What This Chicago Is All About…

Posted on Updated on

Pleeeease, Lou Malnati's, make this vegan!

You may have heard some buzzin’ on the Facebook page, and it’s true, Vida Vegan is considering Chicago for the Spring 2013 Conference.

We’ll be in town January 21-24 to check out event spaces and let Janessa and Jess get a feel for the city. Michele was lucky to grow up there, so yes, we know how unbelievably horrible the weather can be. We just need to make a decision soon, so the time is now.

So…whatcha think? We’d love to go to a new city each year, and Chicago is the easiest one for us, after Portland. We’ve heard the calls for the Southeast Asia conference, but I think we’re a few years from there just yet.

If any of y’all VVC’ers are in town, we’re putting together a little meetup Sunday, the 22nd, for what else but pizza! Meet us at for lunch at 1:00 pm at The Boiler Room. Totally casual, we’ll just give them a little heads-up that they best get their vegan cheese at the ready. Here’s the Facebook event we set up, with a map & stuff!

11 thoughts on “Let’s See What This Chicago Is All About…

Taylor said:
    January 17, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I really want to go to Chicago and I’m definitely going to every VVC until I die, so I think this would be perfect!

Amanda @ Hungry Vegan Traveler said:
    January 17, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Chicago is doable. Anywhere on the East Coast would be convenient for me, too. If you’re thinking Midwest, Kansas City is vegan-friendly and way cooler than you think.

JL goes Vegan said:
    January 18, 2012 at 3:44 am

Chicago makes sense — easy to get to and central (for North Americans) — hope it is as vegan friendly as Portland!

I vote for Austin, TX one day — never been but hear it’s vegan scene is awesome.

Can’t wait ’til you announce dates for ’13!

Sam said:
    January 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

+1 for Chicago; much closer to us :)

Notorious Teddie-Leigh said:
    January 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

YAY!! So much easier for me than Portland right now!!! Very excited!!!

cadryskitchen said:
    January 26, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Chicago would be great. There are lots of vegan and vegetarian restaurants there. Plus, it’s a hub, which usually makes it a fairly inexpensive place to reach by airplane.

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family said:
    February 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

Chicago would be awesome and wee bit closer than Portland (as I am in NC). A new city each year rocks…I hope you all are able to settle the details :)

Kristen said:
    February 9, 2012 at 8:46 pm

YES CHICAGO!! Please!! I’ve never been there, and this gives me an excuse :)

I also support JL’s suggestion of Austin for year 3! Yay!!

Kami Kreaps said:
    February 16, 2012 at 1:46 pm

What about somewhere warm – its going to be FREEZING!

formerfishtacofanatic said:
    February 20, 2012 at 8:37 am

Chicago sounds awesome! I also second JL’s suggestion of Austin, I’ve always wanted to go there.

The Vegetarian said:
    February 28, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Would have loved to join the meeting last January 22nd, but too bad we missed it. We’re definitely excited about the Spring 2013 Conference in Chicago though. Can you provide as an information on how to join? Thanks!