The VVC Cocktail Lounge: Drinking Pink

Posted on

Why, yes, my orange slice is rather large. Thanks for noticing.

Tonight, the VVC Cocktail Lounge brings you some pretty little things, both of which match my cheeks when I’ve had a few too many. The first is a watermelon martini. It’s light and simple, and goes great with giant fruit! For two “healthy” servings, you’ll need:

4 oz watermelon juice
2 oz vodka
1 oz simple syrup
2 T lime juice (that’s fresh juice—go easy if you’re using that bottled stuff)

And on the rim? A mixture of sugar and salt. Because I want it all!

For the watermelon juice, no need for a juicer. You can squeeze the watermelon through cheesecloth or a sieve…or throw some chunks into the blender with your vodka (using the handy measurement markings on the side of the blender and the magic of displacement to gauge what you’re dealing with). There’s barely any pulp, and what do you have against pulp, anyway?

Our second treat for you: these awesome elephant swizzle sticks. Sometimes you need to do some swizzling and you don’t feel like using a straw or a chopstick. I shopped for a crazy long time for a swizzle stick as sophisticated as I am, and I finally found these at Archie McPhee in Seattle. They’re not on their website, but they are on Cats Like Us!

6 thoughts on “The VVC Cocktail Lounge: Drinking Pink

greenveganliving said:
    October 3, 2011 at 9:36 am

What a great post – I love the looks of those swivel sticks!

jess scone said:
    October 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I want a swizzle stick next time I come over!

vegtasticvoyage said:
      October 7, 2011 at 12:42 pm

You got it. If I had a swanky bar like The Mansion Jar, I’d have them out on display at all times.

Sarah M. (@appifanie) said:
    October 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love elephants and my dad and I used to collect swizzle sticks! Awesome.

Mo said:
    October 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Yes! This looks fabulous!

VVC Cocktail Lounge: The Hummus Plate « said:
    October 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm

[...] Recommended beverage accompanients: Red wine, cold beer or or cocktails, such as dirty martinis, Bloody Marys (side-note: I had such a zesty, vegan-marked BM at Bar Carlo in SE over the weekend – their Vegan Potato & Black Bean Skillet + a BM is highly recommended!), or something fruity. [...]