Recently, the Vida Vegan Con organizers sat down with our pens, markers, assorted highlighters, printouts, posterboard, computers, Michele’s cat, teacups of mimosa, and here today, we officially present our 2011 Vida Vegan Con Classes and Speaking Assignments:
Of course, everything is subject to change. Expect surprises. Our fingers are still crossed for a special guest appearance and dance-along with Ellen.
- Activism Panel
- Dating & Mating Panel
- Group & Community Blogging
- Marketing Panel
- Nutritional Panel
- Parenting Panel
- Publishing Panel
- Small Town, Represent! Panel
- Travel Panel
- Extreme Food Writing Makeover, Dynise Balcavage, Urban Vegan
- Budgeting & Meal Planning
- Special Presentation by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, The Post Punk Kitchen
- Special Presentation by Terry Hope Romero, The Post Punk Kitchen
- Special Presentation by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, Compassionate Cooks
- Product Reviews & Ethics
- Reality, Identity & Blogging
- Soft & Fuzzy Blogging
- Special Diets/Lifestyles
- The Accidental Journalist
- Special Joint Presentationby…
- Your Blog Sucks: Opinionated Blogger Takeover
- Vegan Fashion
- Writer’s Block
- Culinary Photography(for Veterans and Newbs)
Cooking Demos at Whole Foods:
- To be Announced! (If you’re a speaker and interested – shoot us an email!)
- To Be Announced!
- Isa Chandra Moskowitz, The Post Punk Kitchen
Speaking of greatness, if you’re one of our speakers or moderators and don’t feel up to date, email us and let’s get in the loop! As always, stay tuned for more. Detailed email updates are going out for each class starting today.
As of this post, the conference is entirely sold out, but email us immediately at VidaVeganConference [at] gmail.com to join the waitlist and we’ll let you know if spots open.
All three organizers (Janessa, Michele & myself) will be doing giveaways on our own blogs, as well as our sponsors. The first creative contest will be announced this weekend on Get Sconed!
Everything is still in development, but if you have any questions or concentrations you’d like the panels, classes, and workshops to cover, simply email us at VidaVeganConference[at]gmail.com or post on our facebook wall.
We can’t make any guarantees, but we’ll all try our hardest in this big group effort of vegan community!
Look for select live-streaming of the event if you can’t attend! www.vidavegancon.com
Our Saturday evening Silent Auction & Galarama will be open to the public as well – details to come! Consider it the vegan prom for vegan bloggers. That’s right.
See you all this summer at the world’s first vegan blogging conference!