And the winners are…

Posted on Updated on

We were going to start with a video clip of Beatles fangirls or Oprah audience members just absolutely losing their shit, but why not just cut right to it?

The 2011 Vida Vegan Con Scholarships go to

Marti of Tofu and Sprouts
&
Rachel of My Munchable Musings

Congratulations, ladies!

Competition was stiff—so stiff, actually, that we wanted to just keep on going and award more and more and more.

We want all our scholarship applicants to be able to join us in August, so we’ve got a proposition for you, world. We’ll meet you halfway. For every $125 you donate, we’ll award another scholarship. We’ve got a good handful of bloggers who could really use this conference and just won’t be able to make it if we don’t help. Whattaya say?

To donate (any amount—every little bit helps):
Visit Paypal.
Click the Send Money tab.
Our email address is vidaveganconference@gmail.com.
Enter the money as payment for Service.
In the message space at the bottom, mention it’s for the Scholarship Fund.

Thanks to everyone who submitted, and congratulations to the winners! We’re really looking forward to seeing you this August.

7 thoughts on “And the winners are…

JL goes Vegan said:
    February 1, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I donated! (Under my “real” name — you’ll figure it out…JL….)

vegtasticvoyage said:
    February 1, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Thanks! Donations are coming in already–maybe even by tonight we’ll be able to award another.

Marti said:
    February 1, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Again, thank-you, thank-you, THANK YOU a million, billion, trillion times!! You really have no idea how much I appreciate this and how excited I am for this opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 25$ in my “conference savings” and while that alone obviously isn’t enough – am going to PayPal that to you so it be added to other donations, and can go towards someone elses scholarship.

vegtasticvoyage said:
      February 3, 2011 at 1:25 pm

That’s awesome! And we’re delighted you’ll be joining us.

fatgayvegan said:
    February 2, 2011 at 5:32 am

A bit sad I didn’t make the cut but congrats to the two recipients. Can’t wait to see everyone there. xx

Amanda Rock said:
    February 2, 2011 at 8:15 am

Congratulations Marti and Rachel! I’m excited to check out your blogs!

Jen Molica said:
    February 3, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Congrats Marti and Rachel! I hope to meet you there. I’m broke as a joke too, but I sent a little something your way. It’s not much, but it’s all I can afford.